POSITION: EUROPEAN MARKETING DIRECTOR
Oversee marketing efforts for The Webbys and Lovies in Europe
About Webby Media Group
Webby Media Group is comprised of The Lovie Awards and The Webby Awards. WMG’s mission is to identify and curate the best of the Internet and honour those who create it.
European Marketing Director Role
Our European Marketing Director will lead efforts to market and drive brand awareness and engagement of The Lovie Awards and The Webby Awards in Europe. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the intersection of technology, business and the arts – a firm believer that the very best minds and creators working across the European Internet are not only creating new revenue streams, but are changing the world one startup, application, service, campaign, design, initiative and video at a time.
The Webby Awards and Lovie Awards both bring sharp focus to the very best, most interesting and most compelling ideas and entities across the globe. The European Marketing Director will focus specifically on the European region, conceiving and implementing marketing initiatives throughout the continent.
- Drive company marketing and awareness efforts in Europe. Boost involvement year-round in The Lovie Awards and Webby Awards programs through all forms of marketing including direct marketing, audience development, pr, advertising, event marketing and strategic partnerships as well as personal connections, meetings and recruitment with the brightest companies in Europe and most important creators.
- Oversee marketing plans for The Lovie Awards (earned, owned, paid), including social media account management.
- Engage the European Internet industry in all activities surrounding The Lovies and Webbys, with a special focus on entering great work into both shows.
- Manage the judging process for The Lovie Awards
- Cultivate relationships with reporters and influencers to drive awareness and engagement with key communities in Europe.
- Secure and manage strategic partnerships with relevant European media properties and outlets.
- Deliver thought-leadership presentations to clients and agencies, positioning The Webbys and Lovies and future initiatives as leaders in the space (requires travel throughout Europe).
- Work based in London.
- 7-10+ years relevant experience in marketing, sales, entrepreneurship or partner acquisition preferred
- Experience with managing and leveraging relationships (new and old) to develop leads and create brand awareness among influencers
- In-depth knowledge of, and passion for, the Internet industry in the European market, from start-ups to established brands and companies
- Very strong English-language communication skills and utmost attention to detail
- The ability to think creatively about the Lovie and Webby brands and how to build more industry support around both, plus an inspired commitment to building brand presence and awareness across Europe
- Proven comfort and success with personal outreach and in-person interaction – this is not a behind-the-desk role
- Comfortable presenting to small and large groups of people
- Proven ability to work well on a small team, as well as being a self-starter and creative thinker
- Comfort with business travel
- Experience in sales is a plus
- Having strong existing agency relationships is also a plus
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject line European Marketing Director Application.