- 28 March 2018: 8th Annual Lovie Awards Call for Entries Opens
- 20 April 2018: Early Entry Deadline
- 8 June 2018: Final Entry Deadline
- 27 July 2018: Extended Entry Deadline
- 18 September – 27 September 2018: Finalists Announced + The People’s Lovie Awards voting
- 10 October 2018: Winners Announced
- 15 November 2018: The 8th Annual Lovie Awards Celebration in London
- The Lovie Awards is the European sister to the international Webby Awards.
- It is the only pan-European award recognising online excellence, in seven native languages.
- The 8th Annual Lovie Awards received nearly 1,500 entries from over 30 European countries, and over 50,000 votes in the People’s Lovie Awards.
Lovie Winners are selected by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a global organisation of industry experts and technology innovators. The online public also chooses The People’s Lovie Award Winners by casting ballots for their favourite Finalists during the annual voting period.
Winners are selected for recognition based on “overall experience,” as well as excellence in the following areas:
- Websites: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Overall Experience, Functionality and Interactivity
- Apps, Mobile Sites & Podcasts
Apps & Mobile Sites: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Overall Experience, Functionality and Interactivity
Podcasts: Content, Quality of Craft, Overall Experience
- Online Advertising: Creativity, Overall Experience, and Integration
- Internet Video: Concept & Writing, Overall Experience, Quality of Craft and Integration
- Social: Content, Creativity, Overall Experience, and Engagement