CHEIL GERMANY WINS AGENCY OF THE YEAR AT THE 6TH ANNUAL LOVIE AWARDS
DigitasLBi London, FCINQ, Forsman & Bodenfors, and MediaMonks among top agencies to score Lovie Award wins this year
Full list of winners: lovieawards.eu
London, Tuesday 27th September 2016: The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) today announced the winners of the 6th Annual Lovie Awards, with Cheil Germany taking the top honour of Lovie Agency of the Year. With 2 Golds,1 Silver, 3 People’s Lovie Awards and 5 works Shortlisted, including #BeFearless, VR The Future, Innovating Evolution, and Lufthansa City Navigator, Cheil Germany earned more Lovie Awards and Shortlist nods across all categories than any other agency this year.
Lovie Winners will be celebrated at the 6th Annual Lovie Awards on Thursday, 27 October 2016 at The British Film Institute Southbank in London, alongside Special Achievement Honourees in attendance including Annie Lennox, Yann LeCun, Romain Gavras, Süddeutsche Zeitung and Fairphone.
DigitasLBi London (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze, 2 People’s Lovie Awards), France’s FCINQ (2 Silver, 2 Bronze, 2 People’s Lovie Awards), Sweden’s Forsman & Bodenfors (2 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze, 1 People’s Lovie Award), the Netherlands’ MediaMonks (2 Gold, 2 People’s Lovie Awards) and 72andSunny Amsterdam (2 Silver, 2 Bronze), were all in close contention for Lovie Agency of the Year.
“This year’s winning campaigns, advertising and branded content continue to prove Europe’s creative prowess in delivering outstanding online advertising and communications that delight, entertain, and engage audiences all across the region,” said Nicolas Roope, Jury Chair for The Lovie Awards, and Creative Partner and Co-Founder of POKE London. “We are extremely proud to celebrate this year’s winners, and to recognise our first-ever Agency of the Year.”
European IADAS members including Iain Tait (Executive Creative Director, Wieden + Kennedy London), Jon Dranger (Head of Digital, DDB Stockholm), Mel Exon (Group CEO, The Sunshine Company), Thierry Astier (Executive Creative Director, Grey Paris), Corinne Vigreux (Co-founder, Tom Tom) and Elke Klinkhammer (Chief Creative Officer, McCann Worldgroup Germany), amongst others, selected this year’s Lovie Award winners, while the online public voted for their favourite finalists in the People’s Lovie Awards.
Highlights from this year’s winning Online Advertising campaigns include:
- Game Of Thrones Territory by Publicis London: Best Overall Social Presence (Gold), Integrated Campaigns (Gold + The People’s Lovie) – UK
- Pigeon Air Patrol by DigitasLBi: Social Media Marketing (Silver) – UK
- Head vs Heart Euro2016 by Nordeus: Digital Campaign (Silver + The People’s Lovie) – Ireland
- #BeFearless by Cheil Germany: Experimental & Innovation (Gold + The People’s Lovie) – Germany
- Find Your Magic by 72andSunny Amsterdam: Social Media Campaign (Silver) – Netherlands
- Haribo Dragibus by FCINQ: Best Use of Photography (Silver + The People’s Lovie) – France
- Still The Most Shocking Second A Day by Don’t Panic: Viral Advertising (Gold and The People’s Lovie) – UK
- Interactive Punching Bag by MediaMonks: Mobile & Experiential (Gold and The People’s Lovie) – Netherlands
- Commercial Campaign of the Year – WIRED for Jaguar by Condé Nast Britain: Best Copywriting (Silver) – UK
- Pridestream by N=5: Public Service & Activism (Silver + The People’s Lovie) – Netherlands
- Diadora Delivery by SMFB: Rich Media (Silver and The People’s Lovie) – Norway
Highlights from this year’s winning Branded Content, Branded Entertainment and Branded Virtual Reality include:
- Look Who’s Driving by Forsman & Bodenfors: Viral Video, Branded (Gold) – Sweden
- Momondo / The DNA Journey by NoA / &Co.: Branded Content and Brand Strategy (Gold and The People’s Lovie) – Denmark
- Beats by Dre: “The Game Starts Here” by R/GA London: Branded Content (Silver) – UK
- Look Beyond Borders by DDB & Tribal: Live Experiences (Silver) – Poland
- The Power of Swimming by M&C Saatchi Stockholm: Virtual Reality, Branded (Gold) – Sweden
- Samsung: Bedtime VR Stories by UNIT9: Virtual Reality, Branded (Silver + The People’s Lovie) – UK
To view the full list of advertising and branded content winners, please visit: lovieawards.eu.
Rassami Hok Ljungberg
About The Lovie Awards
The mission of the Lovie Awards is to recognise the unique and resonant nature of the European internet community – from Europe’s top web and creative networks and content publishers to cultural and political organisations and bedroom bloggers. Now in its sixth year, The Lovie Awards continues to celebrate the most resonant and pertinent stories in Europe. With nearly 1,500 entries from over 30 countries across Europe, the Awards reflect the tremendous growth of the internet as a tool for business and everyday lives. Work in English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish and Italian is judged by native speakers in five main category types: Websites, Mobile & Apps, Internet Video, Online Advertising, and Social.
Partners and Sponsors of The Lovie Awards include Google, ACE Hotel, Quixel, SOON_, Adformatie, Creativepool, DigiDay, The Drum, El País, FITC, Fonk, Frankwatching, FrenchWeb, General Assembly, It’s Nice That, MMA, Netimperative, NinjaMarketing, NUMA, Springwise, Sysomos and TubeFilter.